Genesis Nursery Ministry
The Genesis Nursery Ministry offers care during the Sunday morning worship service for children from ages 6 weeks to 4 years. Ministry responsibilities involve directing interactive activities including Bible stories, music, playtime and prayer. Simple values such as sharing and thankfulness are underlined during time in the nursery. Our Nursery team exhibits patience, love, kindness, compassion and concern in their interaction with the children. Our Nursery also provides a safe, secure, nurturing and clean environment.
Hours of Operation: 10:00 a.m. to close of service on 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Sundays; closed on 5th Sundays
- Check-In. All parents are required to check-in their children, including contact information and special needs. All bottles, cups, bags and other belongings should be labeled.
- Age limits. Only children of the appropriate ages (6 weeks to 4 years) can be allowed in the nursery. Parents are welcomed in the nursery at all times.
- Illness policy. Children that are ill (i.e., fever, diarrhea, contagious rashes and etc.) should NOT attend the nursery. If a child is visibly ill, the parents will be contacted immediately.
- Food. Snacks may be provided during nursery. Proper hand washing, food preparation and waste disposal procedures will be practiced by the team at all times. Our nursery will not serve snacks with peanut and nut due to severe food allergies.
- Clean up and Departure. Cleanliness procedures will be done at the end of each nursery session. Toys shall be put away in their places and disinfected, along with hard surfaces. Parents are required to check-out their children.
Kingdom Kids Children’s Ministry
The Kingdom Kids Children’s Ministry exists to teach the word of God to children from ages 4 to 12 in a fun, exciting and relevant manner with the intent of producing faithful and committed followers of Jesus Christ.
Children’s Church worships in the Multipurpose Room at 10:00 AM on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Sundays from September to May. Youth & Children’s Emphasis Month is recognized during the month of June.
Children lead the service through scripture, prayer, song and Affirmation of Faith, followed by a sermon/message by a minister/designee. The children are then divided into groups by grade for in-depth teaching of the topic during the activity period. Special classes are held for newly baptized candidates, children’s church worship leaders and graduates.
Interested in joining the Children Ministry Team? Click Here
Mount Vernon Christian Academy was founded in 1973, and is a faith-based, 3 Star, preschool of excellence located in the City of Memphis in the heart of the Westwood Community. We have a rich tradition of providing exceptional care and education for preschool aged children. We pride ourselves on being caring and professional while maintaining a safe and nurturing environment. Learn more
Youth Connection Ministry
The Youth Connection Ministry exists to develop youth ages 13-17 to be followers of Jesus Christ by teaching the gospel in a relevant manner that meets them on their level. Youth Connection meets on Tuesdays in the Multipurpose Room at 6:00 PM.
The Athletic Ministry exists to introduce youth to Christ through sports and promote positive attributes, including teamwork, cooperation, respect and unity.